MIL-C-16173 D GR2 is a corrosion preventive compound specially designed to protect metals against rust and corrosion for indoor storage, semi- sheltered outdoor storage and shipment. When used as recommended MIL-C-16173 D GR2 is easy and economical to apply and remove and provides a durable, long lasting, soft coating suitable for protecting metal surfaces against the elements of corrosive environment.
- Forms a corrosion resistant and salt water resistant protective film.
- Stops grinding by penetrating deep and lubricating, hinges, locks, mechanisms, threads, etc.
- After its application surfaces remain lubricated.
- Meets corrosion requirements of U.S. Military Specification MIL-PRF- 16173E GRADE 2 soft film.
- For extended indoor protection of interior or exterior surfaces of machinery, instruments, bearings or materials with or without use of supplementary barrier materials.
- For outdoor protection of material for limited periods where metal temperatures do not reach levels that produce prohibitive flow of the corrosion preventive film.
MIL-C-16173 D GR2 can also be used for electric motors, outboard engines, distributors, spark plugs, relays, etc.
Directions for Use
MIL-C-16173 D GR2 is used in full strength by spray, immersion or swab. Allow MIL-C-16173 D GR2 to dry to form a soft, protective anti- corrosive film.
MIL-C-16173 D GR2 is easily removed from parts by solvent wiping, steam gun cleaning or alkaline hot tank immersion.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.